Hello, Popsugar here, with your reminder to do things that make you feel well. Today's newsletter was written and curated by health and fitness section lead Alexis Jones.
|
|
|
|
How Paris Hilton's ADHD Helped Unearth Her "Inner Sparkle"
|
|
|
|
When it comes to millennial icons, Paris Hilton is arguably top five. From reality TV to becoming an early influencer, Hilton has always been a tastemaker and pop-culture pioneer. Her secret all these years? Her own unique way of thinking.
"I wouldn't be the entrepreneur I am today without my ADHD. I see it as my inner sparkle," she tells Popsugar for a recent as-told-to essay. But she didn't always know how to embrace it.
"In school, I always daydreamed. If something was boring, I could not pay attention. But for subjects I loved, like art or music or drama, I really excelled because I could hyper-focus on them. Instead of getting punished in school, I wish my teachers had spoken with me or asked different questions. It's hard being a kid and not having anyone to support you," Hilton says.
|
|
|
|
|
For some people, group fitness has become more frustrating than fun: "I wake up earlier to book a class than I do to go to a class."
|
|
|
|
|
|
What does it take to become part of the elite crew responsible for keeping the biggest matches in tennis going?
|
|
|
|
It was 1999. I was watching MTV when I saw exactly what I wanted to copy: Mariah Carey in her "Heartbreaker" video in those low-rise jeans, the waistband cut clean off. I ran to my closet and cut the waistband off my own jeans, feeling like I'd cracked some fashion code. But I couldn't bring myself to show my belly at school, so I put a longer shirt over them anyway, hiding everything.
Being a plus-size teenager in the early 2000s taught me that girls with bodies like mine didn't get the happy ending. Not the guy, not the dream wardrobe, not visibility in the glossy version of adulthood I watched on big and small screens. Every rejection, every uninvited comment, every closed door became proof that my weight made me unworthy. Half the racks I wanted to shop didn't carry my size, which felt less like an inventory problem and more like the world telling me exactly where I didn't belong. — CeCe Olisa
|
|
|
|
Here at Popsugar, we love watching women win — on and off the field. So I'll be highlighting the biggest dubs, headlines, and need-to-knows in the world of women's sports.
|
|
|
|
PS — click here to read more from us.
Did someone forward you this email? Subscribe now to get more from Popsugar Fitness in your inbox.
|
|
|
|
|
update preferences | privacy notice | unsubscribe
This email was sent to latestnews401.cele@blogger.com. View online
As POPSUGAR editors, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you'll like too. If you buy a product we have recommended, we may receive affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
Vox Media, 1701 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036. Copyright © 2026. All rights reserved.
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment