Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I wanted to be a drama queen.
Some people process their emotions internally. I, on the other hand, make Spotify playlists for the specific purpose of crying while listening. I overanalyze. I both experience and produce my emotions.
Which is why, lately, I've found myself mourning one of life's greatest dramatic pleasures: hanging up the phone. I'm aging myself here, but think about it: people used to slam a chunky landline back onto its receiver hard enough to shake an entire kitchen. The girls of the early 2000s (read: me) got to experience the deeply satisfying clack of snapping their flip phones shut after telling a guys, "Don't ever call me again."
Meanwhile, these days, I have to politely tap a little red button on a piece of glass? No, thank you.
I was recently introduced to Samsung's foldable phones, and I have to say: they might be about to save us all. I'll level with you: while everyone was losing their minds over the new launch (which included features like the 200-megapixel camera and Galaxy AI's Photo Assist), I was focused on one thing: I could hang up on someone again.
Not metaphorically, people. Physically. I tested one out, and I'm here to report that yes, the camera really is absurdly good. The new tools are genuinely impressive. The whole thing is impossibly thin when folded. But nothing gives me more dopamine than snapping a phone shut with a definitive click.
My therapist would probably tell me to regulate my emotions, but I think I'm gonna stick with the foldable.
Double Dog Dare You: The next time you end a phone call with someone, pretend you're in a 2006 rom-com. Physically snap your pone shut. If you don't own a flip phone, you'll have to settle for aggressively locking your screen. It's not the same, but we work with what we've got.
No comments:
Post a Comment